- We demand non-enforcement of new anti-sex work laws "Protection of Communities and Exploited Persons Act".
- We demand labour rights and protections for migrant sex workers.
- We demand an immediate moratorium on all detention and deportation of migrant sex workers including undocumented one.
- We demand the de-funding of anti-trafficking policing and the redirection of resources to community led solutions.
POINTS OF UNITY
- Whether someone is in sex work by choice, coercion, or economic circumstance, we affirm that sexual labour is work.
- We acknowledge that workplaces of sex workers are diverse, the reasons migrants engage in sex work are many, and people of all genders are engaged in sex work.
- We recognize that women, transgender, racialized, poor, and working class people are disproportionately affected by displacement and criminalization, with limited access to formal immigration status and employment.
- We recognize that the struggles of all migrants and sex workers intersect with Indigenous struggles for self-determination and against ongoing displacement and colonization.
- We honour the freedom for people to move and the freedom for people to choose dignified work and lives.
- Sex work is work! Migrant rights are workers rights! No one is illegal!
Resources and more information can be found at: www.migrantsexworkers.com/resources